In this look i tried to encapture some of the new makeup trends for A/W13.
Dark berry wine stained lips, worn in eyes and demi-matte skin were the main focuses.
I tried to balance the heaviness of the smoked out eyes with a flushed lip and contoured cheeks.
I avoided blush/brows and only used a subtle highlight, as i strongly emphasised the tear duct and under the eye using an Illamasqua gold metal pigment.
I went for a winged out eye by layering up browns and softly blending with a tapered brush. I went for an 'effortless' look by blending i stayed away from precision in gel or liquid liner so i opted for a soft pencil smudged into the lash line; Purple and Aubergine tones are great as an alternative to black or brown i used
( Mac - Technakohl liner in Purple Dash )
- For the desired Demi-Matte base, i used 'Mac Face and Body' and set it with some 'Nars loose powder'.
- On the lips is Dark Side - Mac / Mac - Plumpful
- Cheeks - Illamasqua pigments in Hollow
- To Highlight the cheeks i used a Maybelline Champagne toned shadow along the tops of the cheekbones and along the bridge of the nose.
- Dark Brown Shadow - 'Face Stockholm' Matte eyeshadow in Russian Caviar
I think this look will be great for the upcoming cooler months.
To adapt for a more day time look, either switch for a nude lip or tone down the gold.